Monday, February 13, 2006

dont turn on the lights cuz i dont wanna see

You know what that sound is? It's the sound of One more of my eggs dying.

Yippee! Only three more days of work to go!!

It's funny but when I was younger my mother ALWAYS cut our hair, so it
wasn't until I was in my early 20's that I started to get my hair cut
"professionally"--and most of the time I use that word lightly. To this
day, I wait at least four or five months between haircuts or I feel like I
haven't gotten my $18 worth. Lately I've been pulling my hair back into a
ponytail every day--a sure sign I need a cut, but still I think, "nah,
I'll let another week go by." I mention this cuz Female Offspring #1 called me and
said, "I got my haircut! It hasn't been cut in over a year." The apple doesn't
fall far from the apple bush, doesn't it?

So Mr. G gave me my big beautiful bouquet of carnations for Valentine's
Day on Saturday night. Holly was there and I said, "Ooooo, look, Holly,
aren't they beautiful?" I bent down to show her and when I stood back up,
she had a mouthful of carnations, the little pissy ant. He gave me a
really pretty card that read, "To the one who shares my dreams and holds
my heart, Happy Valentine's Day." Then he wrote--in crayon, I kid you
not--"I love you! You are my heart and soul." The crayon thing is a
running joke between us. One year when Female Offspring #1 was little, he
couldn't find a pen, so he used one of her crayons and I got such a kick
out of it that he's done it every year since.

Female Offspring #2's boyfriend asked me what I had planned for Valentine's Day.
I said, "I'm going to get one of those 8 inch layer cakes and eat it all by myself. Happy Valentine's Day to me!"
He said, "Ha ha. Your mother is really funny."
Female Offspring #2: "She's serious."
Boyfriend #2: "Oh." After a moment of thinking, "Surely she'll share with--"
Female Offspring #2: "No."

No comments: