Saturday, January 28, 2006

she looked at my palm and she made a magic sign

I'm going to stop reading the COPS forum. It's a lousy place to be lately. It used to be fun, but suddenly there' s so much political bullshit and nitpicking going on that I can't stand it. I feel like there are a few people running the forum, that rules don't apply to all and this latest shit about people bitching because other people are "breaking into" "my" thread is just the absolute last straw. It's a FUCKING PUBLIC FORUM. The threads don't BELONG to anyone. If you want to have a private conversation, for pete freaking sake, USE IM. That's what it's for. Eh, fuck it. It's not worth the headache.

As you know, today marks the 20 year anniversary of the Space Shuttle Challenger explosion. something I remember that well. I was home and I hadn't watched many of the lift offs in recent years because you know how Americans take the space program for granted, so I decided to watch this one. I can still remember the utter shock and confusion on the faces of Christie McCaullife's mother and father seconds after the explosion took place. I just kept thinking "OMG. OMG." I often think about the children of the astronauts, especially Christie's, because I'm guessing Christie's would be in their late 20's or so at this point. I wonder how her death impacted their lifes and how they dealt with it.

I was reading about Dragon Skin vests that they want to use for the military and eventually for police work. Apparently they can withstand being run over by a Humvee and a hail of bullets. Hmm, I live in a white trash trailer court. I need to get me one of those.

Male Offspring #1 has decided that he's not going to college. He has a much better life plan worked out: he's going to marry rich.
I said, "Well good luck there. I'll just pass your name and number onto Ivana."
(While Paris is closer to his age, she's even too trashy and too cheap for this family.)

I laughed while listening to a story on James Frey and Oprah on CNN. "...she got the author of the book to admit that he fabricated much of his book." Excuse me? HE"S BEEN FUCKING SAYING THIS ALL ALONG. He said it on Larry King and he said many, MANY times that he told his publisher and they discussed that before it was ever published. I just think they felt the truth would never come out. The funny thing is all this controvery is helping his book sales.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Ford has to do any restructing. I mean they seem to have a smart business plan: build gas guzzlers during gas crunch time and they seemed to handle their money well. They only paid $40 million to have the stadium renamed to Ford's Field. A steal of a bargain if you ask me and money so well spent. NOw when fans file into the Super Bowl next Sunday, they can proudly say, "Ford? Isn't that the fucking company that's dumping a butt load of their American workers?" I am scratching my head over this one.

I got into work on Friday and found a note from Overtime Hawg. reading thusly, ", Would you please do blah blah blah, if you do'nt mind since you know how it's done and I don't. If you don't want to do blah blah blah, I will try to do it myself. Thanks. P.S. when you do blah, blah, blah do all of it and then it will be ready when I get back."
First of all, notice how it starts out "Would you" and ends up "WHEN you"?
Secondly, the abbreviated version of my first name consists of four letters, TWO of which are the same, yet she couldn't even get that right. Petty, but that pissed me.
and C., if I continue to do shit for her, how is she ever going to learn to do it for herself? That's the entire point. She doesn' t WANT to learn to do it herself, she wants me to do it all. FUCK THAT. I sat down and wrote out the instructions and slapped it together with the note and left them both for her.

2 comments:

lvgirl said...

I am waiting to get sent to the "tool" box there on the COPS forum...I kinda went off on a regular for the way they are treating the newer members...hahah I may not be around there much longer myself =) and I signed up on this blogger thing just so I could post a comment ;)

Goddess said...

You GOTTA tell me what you said. Somebody already told me who you said it to;) and that they're loving every minute of it....