Saturday, December 03, 2005

you touched my heart you touched my soul

Ketchup on flamingo meat....overkill.

Now *this* was one of the best weeks off I've had in a LOOOONG time because it FELT like a week off.
Every day I'd be like, "oh man, I gotta go back to work in...oh wait. I have three more days off!" Then "two more days off!" Then, "wow! yet another day off!" It was fabu. I stayed up till 3 and 4 a.m. gabbing on IM, and I sucked every moment of pleasure out of the week that I could.
I even managed to get my Christmas gift article written and posted. Yes, I think it's important to keep writing deadlines, even when they're only my own.

I was going to download some Christmas clip art yesterday and I no sooner clicked on one site than I got a warning from McAfee that I had a trojan. What crap. I hadn't even dl'ed anything at that point! I had to scan all my files and thankfully everything else was ok. It makes me so angry that people have nothing better to do than sit around purposefully designing destructive programs to screw up people's computers. What a way to waste your God given talents.

OK, Ice posted this on the COPS forum and it was too funny not to steal:
What do you do when your mother in-law is staggering around your backyard?
Reload!



Well, I don't have to worry about David Letterman kissing Oprah's ass when she appears on his show. He's been kissing
it so damn much for the last week, his lips should be chapped and puffy from puckering up so damn much.

Apparently the Pope has his miter in a knot over Harry Potter movies. He claims it is a "subtle seduction which has
deeply unnoticed and direct effects in undermining the soul of Christianity before it can really grow properly."
Let's talk about the effect of forcing yourself on a young boy who can't say no.
Talk about squelching the soul of Christianity before it can really grow properly. This sort of stuff irks me because
children think of Harry Potter stuff as "magic." It's the ADULTS who view it with that jaundiced eye and call it the occult.




Cats. They have no freaking shame whatsoever. I looked out the window yesterday afternoon and there was Buddha on the
roof of my car, leg high in the air while he gave his cooch and former coochettes a rather vigorous licking.

I really, REALLY like James Blunt. I went back and dl'ed several more of his songs. His voice is great.

One thing I don't like about the design of my laptop is the location of the CD/DVD drive. It's on the left hand side, right at the lower corner, where I'm always reaching to adjust my laptop. I've accidentally popped the doggone thing open about fifty times now. I wish it was in the front or along the side but more towards the back of the laptop so I wouldn't have reason to be constantly coming in contact with it.
I have to laugh, though. Mr. G came passed the bedroom several times last night, popped his head in
to see what I was doing. Finally he said, "You sure do love that laptop, honey."
I said, "Yep, I sure do."

No comments: