Monday, December 19, 2005

my baby dont mess around because he loves me so and this i know for sho

Oh lord, I am flush with excitement. And for once it has nothing to do with being pre-menopausal.
Once again, my Daily Journal has been
chosen as "Funniest Chick Blog"
by MikeSouth.com. This is like the 23rd year in a row! Whoo hooo!
I haven't been this excited since Burger King came out with the
triple Whooper....which happened like three days ago.
I write on so many deep subjects throughout the year, I can't even imagine what the defining moment was for South.
Was it the "Ode to My Old Ovaries" poem that made him feel I deserved this award? My insightful article on removing stubborn chin hairs?
Or possibly the four
part series I wrote on my menstrual cycle, which included pie charts?
That was riveting. Bloody riveting, I say.
Oh, who cares? I'm just thrilled to be the "winner" of something that doesn't have to be burped or diapered or kept in the barn.
I have a few people I'd like to thank. First of all, Mr. South, thank you from the bottom of my heart for not sending me my
bill for your web services this year. (Oh, yeah and for the award thingy, too.)
Secondly, Tim Case, thank you from
the bottom of my heart for not updating often. Ditto, Jimmy D. If you had updated more often, I firmly
believe that either one of you would have walked away with this "Funniest Chick Blog" award. And rightly so.
I also firmly believe that South only picks me because I'm the one who updates every day,
proving that you don't have to have be talented to win awards, just consistent.
I'd also like to thank Mom and Dad for discouraging my writing career, Jebus, and cute cops everywhere.

No comments: