Thursday, December 01, 2005

its as if you knew me better than i ever knew myself

Does anybody know what flamingo tastes like? I'm guessing chicken, but I'll let ya know....


Again, one of my favorite things about doing my December journal page is being able to use the
Christmas trailer pics Kat made for me. (See journal page.) That one looks so damn Christmassy, it makes me want to break out the
French Vanilla Hot Chocolate.

The Pope makes me laugh. "The Vatican published its long-awaited document on gays in the clergy Tuesday, saying men
with "deep-seated" homosexual tendencies should not be ordained but those with a "transitory problem" could be if they
had overcome them for three years. " Well there goes 98% of the priests, present and future. I mean WHO are they kidding with this?
Personally I think this is the Church's public way of pretending they are addressing this issue when they really aren't doing diddly.
I have no problems whatsoever with a gay man being a priest,but I have a SERIOUS problem with gay men who abuse kids
while hiding under the guise of the priesthood. I also have no problem with women being priests, as well as allowing priests to marry. Where did Jesus
say priests could not marry? The whole thing is ridiculous. Ministers have been allowed to marry and that doesn't keep them from performing their duties in the their church. If anything, being in a relationship makes the pastor better equipped to counsel others on their relationships. When Mr. G and I were first married, we were having difficulties with his witchy mother and we went to see our Priest. He told us to "give her another chance"--this after she showed up at our apartment while Mr. G was at work and threatened to push me down the stairs when I was eight months pregnant. My very first thought was "you don't have any idea what you're talking about because you've never been in this situation." Had he had experience with in-laws I might have been more inclined to listen to him and he might have been more inclined to realize how stupid his advice was.

The only thing funny about last night's South Park ep was when a guy drew pics of the boys so they could search the neighborhood for them. Instead of cartoon kids like they are, they were drawn like actual people. It was so funny. It looked nothing like them, not unlike many police renderings. Ted Kysinski (sp?) --the hooded bomber dude--instantly comes to mind. He looked NOTHING like the police drawing that was circulating.

A big "SCREW YOU!!" to Dirty Vegas for only making "Days Go By" as an album selection on Napster. That's the whole
idea OF Napster. One doesn't have to purchase an entire CD to obtain the one song they like.

No comments: