Saturday, December 10, 2005

i just want you for my own more than you can ever know

Well, pfffft. This morning I got online and as per usual, hit the "load in tabs" button on my blog favorites and loaded 'em all up in
great anticipation of reading everybody's bidness. Only to discover that ALEX was the ONLY ONE who had updated. Sigh. Bunch o' slackers.

I am really worried about Holly. The more I hear about animals and people dying
from this turd flu, the more upset I get. She eats turds all the time. What if she contracts the virus and --oh wait.
In the paper it says "bird flu." Never mind.

Ok it's pissing me majorly that Blogger won't let me adjust the date on my posts any more!!!

There was a Christmas movie on Lifetime last night that I was really looking forward to watching. So, of course,
DISH decided to pick yesterday to get pissy and the damn signal was out ALL DAY. I HATE DISH. If cable ad execs had
any smarts about them, they'd interview former Dish customers about what they hated with
their service, and show them instead of making stupid commercials about how unattractive the dish is on your roof.
I'm not up there to see it...what the fark do I care how it looks?!
And I'm betting $ this signal interruption complaint would come up the most often.

One of my co-workers gave me a gift. Damn it. And it's a nice gift, one that I really like and would have bought for myself. Now I know what you're thinking. "Goddess, why don't you switch back to cable?" Can't afferd it. Ok, the "other thing" you were thinking. "Goddess, only YOU would find a problem with getting a nice gift." Yes, you're right I would. ESPECIALLY since we already said we were NOT exchanging gifts. And here's the extra shitty thing about it--it was a really nice Avon Christmas wall hanging that was reduced to $2.99 in their catalog. I know because I was considering ordering it for myself, then I changed my mind. I figured that was $2.99 I could spend on candy instead. But the point is, I'm not going to find an equally nice gift for $2.99 at this late date. Nay, I'm going to have to spend MORE on a gift I never planned on buying in the first place!!!!

I know exactly how I'm going to die. Well, not really since it will NEVER happen, but if it does, I will DIE if my mother EVER takes my answer as a final answer instead of fucking trying to push her opinions on me. The other day she called me about a medal she had for me. No I didn't take the gold in the "bestest daughter in the whole wide world" category. She found some religious medals and wanted me to come get one and wear it. I called her and said I wasn't interested because I never wear necklaces. She said, "But this is a medal." I said, "Is it not on a chain to wear around my neck? Cuz then it's a necklace and I don't wear necklaces." She said, "Well you SHOULD wear a medal." Sigh. I had a LOT of comebacks but quite frankly I just wanted to get off the phone. THEN she tries a tack she uses ALL the time. "Well your sister never wears medals either but she took one and she likes it." Well of course she likes it. It wouldn't suit the purpose of the story if she didn't, now would it? I said, "Good for her. I don't like anything around my neck." Unless it's gold and diamonds. She said, "Medals are for protection." And I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to say, "Isn't that a superstitious way of thinking?" but again, JUST wanted to get the fark off the phone. Now I'm guessing that when Mr. G stops to pick up a clock she has for him, the medals are going to be in the bag with the clock. And I'm also guessing they're going to go right into my bag for St. Vincent de Paul's.

My O.T. is over and I've made it safely home! YAY. We got about 6 or 7 inches of snow last night, not at ALL what the weather fuckcasters were predicting. Thanks to everybody who chatted with me on IM and put up with my on again/off again connection. You made the time fly by. Here is my gift to you. Enjoy!

Ok I'm pissed. You know how I pride myself on tackling hard hitting subjects, so this will be no different. This morning on my way home from work I stopped at the grocery store. Since we had a storm last night, I figured it would be a great time to do some shopping. I was right. The place was deserted. On the way out, I saw what I THOUGHT were a basket of chocolate covered pretzels. But NAY. When I got them home, I realized they were chocolate FLAVORED covered pretzels. I haven't been this upset since I discovered cheese food slices. Chocolate FLAVORED? That is such crap--in more ways than one.

No comments: