Friday, November 25, 2005

mr dj wont you turn the music up

Phew! I did have the right COPS episode with Sgt. Steve Candelas. It just so happens that I was cleaning up half watched video tapes today and I saw the episode again.
Oh that hottie award was well deserved indeed.

Damn it! Mr. G and Holly BOTH beat me to bed against last night.
Grrrrrrr. Tonight: in bed at 6 p.m. whether I'm tired or not!

My Thanksgiving turkey tasted oddly like a meatball sub. Sigh. The weather was fairly icky yesterday so we decided not to go out to eat last night. Damn it. I had my meal all planned out: unsweetened ice tea, turkey and gravy, sweet pataters, green beans and corn and two rolls. The rolls are my "pie." Alas, I ended up with two MTO Meatball Sub sandwiches from Sheetz.
Mr G called me at work and said, "I'm just not willing to risk life and limb for turkey."
I said, "What about for dinner rolls? Are you willing to risk life and limb for them? Because I certainly am." Sue me. I'm German. Have warm dough, will travel.

In May-he-co they are now offering a new service for your deceased's remains. When your loved one is cremated, for $5k-8k they will turn the ashes into diamonds. I told my offspring to go for it when I die. With my ashes they should have enough diamonds to live well for the rest of their lives.

Oooh, I love this. Some people are finding that the new xBox 360 is causing system crashes when in use as well as lots of error messages. Microsoft says thats "to be expected
with a complex unit." In other words, TOUGH SHIT, people. What they MEANT to say was, "That's to be expected with a complex unit that we rushed to get on the shelves in time for Christmas and haven't worked all of the bugs out of yet."

This is the sort of wasteful spending shit that just pisses me off. The government is giving a neighboring town $400,000 to build a FRIGGIN' ARCH. The insane thing--besides the fact that they don't need a friggin' arch that goes nowhere and does nothing--is that it is to signify the "renaissance of the downtown area." The only thing in that downtown area are parking lots and hospitals. What angers me the most is that Bush has taken a lot of money from important programs like home heating programs for the poor, and then they pass out all this money for useless garbage. How many more homes could have been helped had that money gone to LIHEAP?

Supposedly Tom Cruise has purchased HIS OWN sonogram machine so he and fiancee Katie Holmes can watch their child grow at home. Oy vey. Ultrasounds are touted as being "completely safe," but didn't they tell us asbestos was safe? They're still fairly new, and there are some studies now emerging that suggest babies who have had ultrasounds are more prone to ear infections and have incidences of low birth weight. IMHO they should be done only when necessary and not as some sort of self-indulgent fun game for bored celebrity parents-to-be.

I don't watch the show because it's too creepy, but Kelly Carlson, who plays Kimber on Nip/Tuck is incredibly beautiful. She looked really sexy in her wedding gown on the commercials. The guy who plays Christian gets the Goddess award for most annoying eyebrows. I don't know what it is, but they're very distracting. They're REALLY black and they don't look natural. They look like they're painted on. With charcoal.

You know who I still worry about? Belinda Sue, my former personal secretary. She hasn't been seen or heard from since she decided to go to Philadelphia to see the lights on Broadway. I didn't have the heart to tell her she'd have to do a hell of a lot of squinting to see them from Philly.

I LOVE that Chicken Little talking stuffed animal! And I want one. I stuck it on Female Offspring #7's Christmas list and told her grandparents that she wanted one ever so badly she was having trouble sleeping at night. Why oh why did Bugs stop working in retail?! She could have stolen me one.

The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade sure has changed from when I was a kid. There used to be tons of floats and it was so fun to watch. Now it's a bunch of teeny booper chicks pimping their latest records.

Speaking of the parade, there was a Chinese or Japanese duo (does it really matter?) called Puffy Ami Yuni or Puffy Ankles, something like that. Anywho, they started singing and I thought, "How in God's name are we supposed to understand that language?!" About half way into the song, I realized they were singing in English. Sigh.

With the advent of the child's return for the holiday, I am now FORCED to sleep with Mr. G and the dog. They were soooo clever last night. They both got in bed before me. Not so tonight. I don't care if I have to go to bed at 7:30, I'M GETTING IN THERE FIRST!! I was mad, I'm like, "There's no room for me in this bed!!" Mr. G said, "There's plenty of room." Oddly enough there was. If you enjoy sleeping in the same position all night long, which apparently I do.

No comments: