Wednesday, August 24, 2005

goodbye stranger its been nice

Apparently Lance Armstrong was using performance enhancing drugs back in 1999 when he won the Tour de France. (Does anybody really care?) His urine tested positive six times for erythropoietin, a banned substance.
I have but three things to say:
a. shouldn't this have come up say, oh I don't know, BACK IN 1999?!
why wait until 2004 to do testing and another year for the results?
b. WHY in the world are they hanging onto 6 year old urine samples??
and c. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I'm getting my CD drive replaced on my next week off. It hasn't worked for quite some time now, but I'm going to be needing it in the not too distant future. I think I'm going with the guy who comes to the house and does repairs onsite. Our tax dude had his CD drive replaced by this guy, and it cost him about $45 when he came worked onsite. It would cost me $30 to take it into the shop and leave it. I'd rather have them do it here because I can see exactly what they're doing. Not that I'm paranoid but when somebody has access to my hard drive all day, I want to know what they're doing with it. I dont' know how long it takes to remove a CD and replace it with a new one, but I asked them if I could bring it in and wait on it and they said no, so screw it. I'll have them come here and pay a little extra.

It drives me nuts when people on the COPS forum bitch about the cops who post and have a lack of spelling ability and less than stellar grammar skills. If my ass is in trouble I'm certainly not going to stand there and say, "Officer, spell "onomatopoeia" correctly and you can have I shall bestow upon you the joy of saving me!" I don't CARE if their job requires good spelling and grammar skills, not everyone is skilled in these areas. I'm far more concerned with how well they do in police procedures than diagramming a sentence.

Mike South is forcing me to link to him....

No comments: