Friday, August 05, 2005

come back to texas

Bowling for Soup needs to get a new sound. Their song "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)"
sounds VERY similiar to their old song, "1985."

Sometimes it's just too easy. Mr. G commented that Holly has been in her igloo more and more lately. He said, "I wonder what she does in there all day?" He said it with that serious tone of voice, too like he was really thinking about it. I said, "Well, the last time I checked she was crocheting this cute little baby bunting."

Ya know, it's amazing how the nuns really do a number on your head. The minute I saw the word "Middlesex," on Alex's LJ, I immediately remembered the time we had to memorize Paul Revere's ride in the SIXTH GRADE. Anybody who has ever been to Catholic School knows nuns are HUGE on memorization. I STILL remember a good bit of it, but especially this part, "One if by land, and two if by sea;
And I on the opposite shore will be, Ready to ride and spread the alarm Through every Middlesex village and farm."
And yet I can't remember how many offspring I took to the mall with me...

No comments: