Wednesday, July 27, 2005

theres you and me and all of the people and i don't know why i cant keep my eyes off of you

Bad news. Mr. G went to the doctors yesterday and for the second visit in a row his sugar has been elavated but his weight has been down. That means his pancreas is shutting down. Sigh. He does everything he's supposed to and if I were in his shoes, I'd be totally depresssed. He does tread an hour a day five days a week, lifts weights and does a lot of physical work at work. For the first two or three years after he was diagnosed with diabetes, he was able to keep his sugar low. His readings were in the 90's, now they're in the 140's. I keep hoping and praying SOMEONE will come up with a cure for this disease. I know damn well it won't be the pharmaceutical companies--there's too much money to be made for them by keeping people sick and treating the symptoms. Nope, it'll have to be some Chinese or Japanese herbal remedy I'm sure. The whole situation makes me feel really panicky and scared, and I just keep praying for a magic bullet. The pathetic thing is that I can't even discuss this with my family because my mother insists this is
"punishment" for me not going to church anymore. Catholic guilt certainly did a number on her.
Ok that's it for now. I'm not in the mood to be clever.

No comments: