Sunday, July 17, 2005

if you want it here it is come and get it

A NEW COPS ep last night.
So many cute, hot(t) cops to choose from it's hard to pick a winner. But I shall.
Goddess' Hot(t) Cop O'The Week Award goes to: Officer Jeff Garwacki of the Fort Worth, Texa Police Department, East Division.
Hey any time you guys wanna come pick up your 'award' in person, feel free.

Martha Stewart is turning her at home jail time into yet another money making opportunity. She's currently penning a book for entrepreneurs who
want to "follow her path to business success."
I certainly hope she includes a chapter on how to jailhouse fashions and faux pas.
I believe the working title of the book is
"How to Succeed In Business Without Doing (Hardly Any) Jailtime."

I love the commercial for the new Quicken home loans. They interview husbands and wives. One dude said, "What a fantastic opportunity." And his wife said, "That's a nice chunk of change in MY pocket." No need to ask who wears (and buys) the pants in that family.

I love this line from a romance novel I was reading yesterday, "You know, kiddo, the idiot who said you can never be too rich or too thin died a slow death from starvation after the weight of her diamond rings kept her from getting to the dinner table."
(Jackie Braun "In the Shelter of His Arms")

Ya know the minute I read the subject line of Tim Case's email, and it said simply "Poe," I KNEW I had left myself wide open for an Edgar Allan Poe joke when I asked what had happened to the singer Poe yesterday.
And I also knew that only Tim would see & seize that opportunity.
He writes: "What do you mean, "whatever happened to Poe"? How can you ask that? Edgar Allan Poe died October 7, 1849, penniless and insane, in Baltimore, Maryland.

The full title of Fiona Apple's 1999 release is "When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and if You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and if You Fall It Won't Matter, 'Cuz You'll Know That You're Right"
Damn. She rambles worse than Alanis ever could.
If you knew that title by heart, I applaud you.
Thanks, Tim, oh Swami Rama of Strange Trivia.

Keith sends in his favorite line(s) from a song,
"I remember you well in the Chelsea Hotel,
You were talking so brave and so free.
Giving me head on the unmade bed
While the limousines wait in the street."

Tim Case sends in his favorite memorable line(s):
Hole, "Malibu" - "How are you so burnt when you're barely on fire?"
Bob Dylan, "Tangled Up in Blue" - "She was workin' in a topless place
And I stopped in for a beer,
I just kept lookin' at the side of her face
In the spotlight so clear.
Later on as the crowd thinned out
I was just about to do the same,
She was standing there in back of my chair
Saying "Jimmy, don't I know your name?"
I muttered somethin' underneath my breath,
She studied the lines on my face.
I must admit I felt a little uneasy
When she bent down to tie the laces of my shoe,
Tangled up in blue."

Damn. I need to expand my musical repertoire. I don't any of those three songs...

Beater's most memorable lyrics are: Van Halen - Panama

"Ah, you reach down, between my legs,
Ease the seat back."

Or

War Pigs by Black Sabbath

"Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight
They leave that all to the poor"

No comments: