Sunday, July 24, 2005

i dont know when i got bitter love is surely better when its gone

I noticed a couple new people linked to me from their blogs.
If you'd like a reciprocal link, just drop me a line and let me know. I'll be glad to do it.

(2 p.m.) I just read Beater's update. He said that the NYPD is going to randomly search commuter's bags. Ok I heart the poleece, but this is the time ya need to scoop up all your dog's poo and put it in a backpack that you hug to your chest.

Damn. I knew the fashion industry was going South when I saw that ponchos were back in style. UGH. NOW a friend from Florida tells me those long, godawful PEASANT SKIRTS are back in style. I like some of the longer sleeveless summer dresses, but all this long crap is getting to me. We wear short shit in the winter and long in the summer. What's wrong with this pic?!

(noonish) Last week when I was looking around for a new VCR, I told Mr. G that one store had an Emerson for $39 and a Sanyo for $49. I immediately wanted the Sanyo. I have NEVER gotten a good ANYTHING with the name Emerson on it. They always turn out to be cheap and trashy. Naturally Mr. G looked at the bottom line and said, "Get the Emerson." (Big surprise there.) So Monday I'll be taking the Emerson BACK and getting the Sanyo. On principle alone, I should make Mr. G repack it and lug it back. First of all, the picture on a four head VCR should be crystal clear. This one was lousy. Secondly, I couldn't get the Dish remote to work with the VCR and that wasn't much of a problem, because I had to use two separate remotes for my Panasonic VCR, too. No biggie. BUT I couldn't get the VCR to pick up the signal from the Dish as to when I wanted it to tape. Now get this. I called the company and she said, "You CAN get it to pick up the signal BUT it will only tape on that one channel then shut off." So in other words if I wanted to tape COPS on 53 at 8 p.m. then switch to boxing on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. for Mr. G, it couldn't do it. What is the point of having a freaking VCR if I have to manually change the tv channel and reset it for every lousy show?
Emerson VCRS, people, don't waste your hard earned moola.

(10 a.m.) I've figured out how to make my week off last longer. I'm going to stay up late and get up early. Yesterday I went to bed at 1:30 a.m. and I was up at 6 a.m. Last night I went to bed at TWO a.m. and got up at 6 a.m. This evening I will no doubt lay down at 7 p.m. to rest my eyes "just for a minute" and will regain consciousness around 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon. HEY! All that staying up late and getting up early catches up with ya.

South has decided that WE need to find Luke Ford a wife. Yes, this is the sort of idiocy that comes of chatting on IM at 1 in the morning. We're combining our many years of romance experience, which is a hell of a lot if ya think about it. My 25 (glorious) years of being happily married to the same guy, and his 35 years of (gloriously) fucking
everything that comes down the pike.
South's gonna do all the hard work because it was HIS brainy idea, (and because I say so!)
I'm just along for the ride and to laugh at him.
We're concerned that Luke is getting soooo old and doesn't even have a nibble on the marital line. Doesn't look good, ya know? People start to question
in which way the wanker is pointing, ya know?
I'm busy working on a list of questions that I intend to ask the potential candidates. If you'd like to be considered as a possible candidate, email me and tell me about yourself.
(As if ANYBODY will. )
I'll list the q's when I finish the list, which will probably be about
an hour after I finish the riveting romance novel I'm reading.
(Yes, "working on" is Goddess code for "thinking about possibly working on at some point in the future when I'm really bored.")

No comments: