Saturday, July 16, 2005

did you think i would stand here and lie while our moment was passing us by

The above song lyric is one of my all time favorite lines from a song. It's from Cyndi Lauper's Change of Heart. I like the song, but the line is one that stays with me. What are some of YOUR favorite lines from songs? And like I said, it doesn't have to be from a favorite song, just a memorable line.

I was watching a rerun of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" and the question was, "What pop singer released a 1999 album with a 90 word title?" I had NO CLUE. The choices were Fiona Apple, Joni Mitchell, Alanis Morrisette and (I think) Cyndi Lauper. I immediately narrowed it down to Fiona and Alanis. Alanis has a (slight ) tendency to ramble as if she's never heard of a period, and Fiona just likes to be unique. The answer was Fiona, but I have no idea what album they were referring to cuz Regis never said! I'm guessing it must be "When the Pawn Hits..." cuz that seems to be the only one she released in '99. Speaking of Fiona, what the hell ever happened to Poe? I loved her.

The Harry Potter book is already getting rave reviews. How the hell could anybody read 800+ pages and have time to review it already when it just came out TODAY?!
Well, 'cept for those 14 sneaky Canadians...
I don't care if the book sucks raw eggs as long as it gets kids reading. One lady I work with started with that "he's a witch. that book is NOT Christian." shit today.
Go ahead. Make my day. Ask me if I give a shit.
Although I got quite a kick out of hearing there were problems with the "Where's Waldo" books when they started sneaking topless chicks into the convoluted pictures.

No comments: