Sunday, June 05, 2005

darling i dont know why i go to extremes

Now this is the sort of stupidity I have to put up with from my mother. She called me the other night and said, "I was going through your uncle's old medicines and I found a prescription for sleeping pills from 1998, and I was wondering if you wanted it?" Now, aside from the fact that you should NEVER take a medicine prescribed for someone else, why in God's name would I want an OUTDATED medicine?? Besides which, the closest thing to a sleeping pill that I take is melatonin.

When I was fresh out of high school, I rode to work for several weeks with the neighbor lady. She always blessed herself before she started the car, and I sort of fell into that habit and continue it today. Whenever I get behind the wheel or ride with someone else, I make the sign of the cross. When I was out with C.P. the other day, every time he started the car, I blessed myself. Finally he looked at me and said, "Do you know something I don't?"

No comments: